Role of the Squadron Sponsoring Committee (SSC):
The SSC works in partnership with squadron staff to ensure the viability of the unit. Their support is intended to compliment the resources available from the Canadian Armed Forces. The responsibility for the sponsoring committee falls to the Ontario Provincial Committee of the Air Cadet League of Canada as their Supervisory Sponsor. The Squadron is supported through various forms of voluntary personal involvement, financial contributions, the provision of extra activities for the cadets, and other material assistance.
The Sponsoring Committee is often described as the “backbone of the Air Cadet Movement”, because one of the real secrets to the success of an Air Cadet Squadron is a well organized and effective Sponsoring Committee.
The Sponsoring Committee of the Squadron shall be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Inviting suitable persons to be members of the Sponsoring Committee
- Liaising with other cadet unit Sponsoring Committees
- Providing appropriate accommodation for the squadron’s training, administration and stores when it is not provided by the CAF
- Providing training aids and equipment, including band instruments, not supplied by the CAF
- Providing transportation, when not available from the CAF, for local training exercises
- Providing for the financial and administrative needs of the squadron
- Supporting Provincial Committee activities
- Providing such other facilities or assistance as may be mutually agreed upon between the Sponsor, the Sponsoring Committee, and the CAF
To become involved with our Sponsoring Committee, please speak to Malcolm Perrior, Sponsoring Committee Chairperson, or any other member of our Sponsoring Committee.
Meetings are held the first Monday of every month at the Royal Canadian Legion in Guelph.
- Chair – Malcolm Perrior
- Treasurer – L. Kok
- Secretary – J. Dennis
- S. Funkenhouser
- T. Park
- L. Butts
- L. Rivet
Tag Day is an extremely low risk method of raising considerable funds over a weekend. In short, a tag day is when cadets will stand outside of local business (ones that have been approached and permission obtained to do so) and ask “Would you like to help support air cadets” to people entering or leaving. For each donation, the cadet hands out a “tag” which the person can wear showing that they have supported the squadron.
All cadets are expected to attend 75% of the available shifts
Times are as follows:
September 26: 5:30PM -9:30PM
September 27 Market Shift (TBA), 8:30 – 12:30, 12:30-4:30
September 28 11:30-3:30